Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Bermuda Incident: Not so Much an Incident, More a Happening of Sorts

My dad hates to travel, but he loves to go places where people won't recognize him, and I have no idea why. Regardless, the point is that every year my dad endures travel to go to a place he's sure will be the opposite of cheers, where nobody knows his name. A few years back we took a trip to beautiful, picturesque Bermuda. It was a wonderful and almost perfect combination of lush grasslands, old ruins, sunny beaches and busy city. One day, as we were entering these caves, we ran into a buddy of my fathers and his entire family. They were just leaving the caves, at that exact moment on that exact day. This was our first day there, it was their last day. Him and my dad exchanged formalities, we caught up with our group, and my dad said to me "How do you like that? Thousand miles from home and I still can't get away from it!" We all had a laugh about it for the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this one. I read it a few days ago, and then thought about it again today. Had to come back and read it again.

    ReplyDelete