Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Beaded Necklace

Yesterday, rather than my usual Sunday boredom, my parents decided it would be a hoot, a holler, and a general fun time if they picked me up and drove around the mountains region of New Hampshire. Leaving my dorm room with them I instinctively thought 'oh goodie, another guilt filled ranting with a free dinner.' Yesterday, however, was a different day. Yesterday I was not guilted, nor was I ranted at, I actually enjoyed quite a pleasant time in Waterville Valley. While there, we enjoyed the mountainous scenery and stopped in at the various shops. I tried to buy a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide in the bookstore, but instead my mom dragged me into a bead shop. It was fun to look around in, the walls were covered in colored glass and shiny bits of metal. One wall in particular caught my attention, it was covered in beads made from natural materials. There were polished stones, clay and wooden beads, normal things, but there were also awesome bits like tusks and claws, and a few beads made out of bone. Using this section of wall, I crafted the most badass looking voodoo necklace anyone has ever seen, I think I'm going to raise Michael Jackson from the dead with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment