Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Song: Jump the Shark

In the beginning it was hugs and kisses
I would throw around money to fulfill your wishes
Times have changed and I'm more of a slob
I'm barely holding down my damn job
I got bills to pay, and things to say
You had to know it wouldn't always be that way
You say the magic's gone, you might be moving on
All because I didn't mow my name into your lawn

*refrain*
I'm giving up, I'm totally through
I'm sick of failing to please you
But I'll give it one last shot,
Yeah I'll give it all that I got
Its the most I can do

I shoulda never done so much so soon
You girls always expect more and more
I treated you like a princess and a queen
You used me up like a corner walking whore
I was your purse, your blank check
I threw money at you like the national debit
I didn't mind, some of the time
but now I can't afford to work so hard

*refrain*

3 comments:

  1. I like it, but don't you think that the refrain is contradictory? If you're giving it one last shot with all you got then you're not really totally through, are you?

    And where's the end to the big box story that you promised us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats coming after the end to "Wind! Rain! Lightning! Cheeze Puffs!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, this is a song about a relationship my friend is in, this is what I think goes through his mind every time he says he's gonna break up with her. That girl was also one of the subjects of 'Gutterbitch'

    ReplyDelete