Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Extraextended Vacations and Idiots on their Birthday

So, as you don't know, my birthday was on May 17th, and it was a blast and a half. I woke up early and went to my math class for the last time this year, it was final time. The final went from 8 to 10:30 in the morning, I was done just before nine, easiest final ever (at least until composition.) Just as I got out, I got a call from The Corporal.

"Hello?"
"Whats your building?"
"Wha-"
"Shut up, building"
"I live in Belknap"
"Right, we're picking you up"

On that day a world record was set; the world record of a day going from better to awesome in a 5.6 second conversation. Within half an hour, The Corporal was staring me down from the passenger seat of The Drummer's car. No hello's, no nice to see you. In typical Cpl Angus Boyardee fashion, the first words out of his mouth were "God damn that is one gaudy ass looking hat."  I called him a bastard and gave him and The Drummer a quick tour around campus. When we returned to the car after the tour, which consisted mostly of the inside of the general store, Boyardee ran the game plan by me. It was to Concord, to Manchester, to the movies, and home again home again jiggity jig. To Concord was the easy part, a trip which consisted of a stop at Kentucky Fried Chicken for some, need I say, Kentucky fried chicken. We bummed around the 'big city' for a while, looking for the legendary Army Surplus depot whose merchandise included former pieces of evidence in NH trials, but unfortunately found no such store. The highway to Manchester was pretty chill, especially getting the cutest indie girl toll booth worker in the known universe. When home, I did the one thing every man should do on their birthday; I went home and gave my mother a hug, then spent some time just talking with her. After a good half hour, it was time for The Corporal to head home, but I had other ideas, other plans. You see, I didn't have a final the next day, I had a free day to do with whatever I pleased, and I figured "why go back to nothing to do?" I made the decision to sleep over in Manchester and head home in the morning, extending my plans indefinitely. Me and The Drummer dropped Boyardee off and proceeded to make a few phone calls, namely to my friends Afroman and Hoak Hogan.

I'd just like to take a break and say; Yes, I do give stupid nicknames to all my friends, all of them.

Afroman was buisy, but Hoak was ready to rock and roll. We gassed up the car, headed out to his house, and picked him up just in time for the 2:10 showing of The Losers. I won't go into a movie review, because I don't need a review to tell you all to go out and watch that movie as soon as you can. Hell, go now. Right now. Turn off your computer and go and see The Losers. Don't worry, I understand, just go see it.

Are you back yet? Good. After the movie, Afroman was good to go. We made a quick stop back at Hoak's house to pick up some more movies, namely Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II and Green Lantern: First Flight. A quick ride over to Afro's apartment and then back to my house for pizza and good times with the whole gang. I have to say, that has got to be my best birthday to date. In the morning, when I woke up, my parents gave me a bike and drove me back to Plymouth. I'm gonna fix the ending of this post tomorrow when I'm not so tired so its a lot more interesting. For now, I'm sorry for the extra-extended vacation, and promise this is a new dawn in Adevt's blogging career. More stories, more jokes, more songs and more recipies. Stick around, people, don't lose that faith yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment